The Federal Government of Nigeria has made provision in the 2023 Appropriation Act for the procurement of Goods, Works and Services in respect of Sheda Science and Technology Complex, Sheda Abuja. Consequently, the Complex is desirous of engaging competent Companies to submit Tender documents for the following:
CATEGORY A: GOODS
INVITATION TO TENDER
||Procurement of laboratory Equipment and accessories for Biotechnology Advanced Research Centre: Development of Novel Methods and Cutting Edge Biotechnology Processes for Food and Water Industry|
|LOT G2||Procurement of Motorcycles, Tricycles, Van, Utility Automobiles etc. To ease Transportation in selected locations of the Six (6) Geopolitical Zones|
|LOT G3||Procurement of laboratory Equipment and accessories: Application of Nano Technology and Molecular Methods for DNA Detection in a Forensic Context – Plants Animals and Crude Oil Barcoding|
|LOT G4||Procurement of Solar Power Back -up Infrastructure for Sensitive High -Tech Equipment and Life Sciences|
|LOT G5||Procurement of laboratory Equipment and accessories: Formulation and Fabrication of Agro waste Polymer Composites for Engineering Applications.|
|LOT G6||Procurement of Empowerment Kits for Women and Youth in various locations of the Six (6) Geopolitical Zones|
|LOT G7||Procurement of Agricultural & Irrigation Equipment for Farmers in various communities of the Six (6) Geopolitical Zones
CATEGORY B: WORKS
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION
|LOT W1||Construction and Installation of All-in –One Solar Street light/ Mini Grid in selected locations of the Six (6) Geopolitical Zones|
|LOT W2||Construction of Roads, Concrete Drainage/ Concrete Channelisation / Landscaping of selected Roads of the Six Geopolitical Zones|
||Provision of Motorised Boreholes / Rehabilitation of water facilities in various locations of the six Geopolitical Zones|
|LOT W4||Construction of Multi-Purpose Hall, Mini Pavilion / Civic Hall at selected Location of the six Geopolitical Zones|
|LOT W5||Construction of Block of Classroom at selected locations of the six Geopolitical Zones|
|LOT W6||Construction of five (5) Bedroom Duplex, Boy’s Quarters and Landscaping in Delta State|
|LOT W7||Renovation & Construction of additional Quarters in Naki Gori Plateau State|
|LOT W8||Construction of Classrooms/ Access Roads in selected Locations of the Six Geopolitical Zone|
|LOT W9||Construction of Administrative Buildings / Hostels in selected Locations of the Six Geopolitical Zones|
|LOT W10||Provision and Installation of Transformers/ Electrification of selected communities of the Six (6) Geopolitical Zones|
CATEGORY C: SERVICES
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
LOT S1 Capacity Building and Empowerment Training for Youth and Women in various locations of the Six (6) Geopolitical Zones
LOT S2 Poverty Alleviation, Awareness and Entrepreneurship Programmes in selected locations of the six (6) Geopolitical Zones
LOT S3 Sensitization and Environmental Control Programmes in selected locations of the six (6) Geopolitical Zones
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name with Form BN1 is also acceptable in case of Services;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2023;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2023;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2023 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Sheda Science and Technology Complex or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- that no Director has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter;
- that the Company is not in receivership, the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings;
- That the company does not have existing loan or financial liability with a bank, other financial institution or third party that is classified as doubtful, non-performance, bad or whose repayment portion has been outstanding for the last four (4) months;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2020, 2021 & 2022;
- Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease Agreement;
- Services: Evidence of Firm’s current registration with the relevant regulatory professional body(ies) such as Centre for Management Development, COREN, etc.;
- For Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs);
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided indicating among others the Lead Partner (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS (GOODS)
Interested Companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document from the Procurement Unit Office Sheda Science and Technology Complex on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of the sum of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) per Lot into the Central Bank of Nigeria Account Name: Revenue e-Collection Sheda Science and Technology Complex Project Account Number: 0020205961012 code: 1000111833.
SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS (GOODS)
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid“
Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the Director- General/CEO Sheda Science and Technology Complex, Sheda, Abuja (SHESTCO) and clearly marked with “the name of the project and Lot number” written on the top right corner of the envelope.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box located at Admin Conference Room, Sheda Science and Technology Complex KM 10 from Gwagwalada on Abuja-Lokoja Road Sheda FCT, not later than 11:00 a.m. Thursday 20th April, 2023.
Only the Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 11.00 a.m. Thursday, 20th April, 2023 while the financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register as the Complex will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS (WORKS) AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (SERVICES)
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents (Works) and Expression of Interest (Services) for each of the Lot desired; two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids or EoI packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “PRE-QL” or “EoI”; and addressed to Director- General/CEO Sheda Science and Technology Complex, Sheda, Abuja (SHESTCO) and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box not later than 11:00 a.m. Tuesday 21st March, 2023.
OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS AND EOI
The pre-qualification documents and EOI will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday 21st March, 2023 in the presence of bidders or their representatives.